Tarot Psychic Phenomena Demystified – Evergreen Readings is the sixth article in my Tarot Professional Development Series. It is my hope to help my peers understand what they call gifts, and what their gifts are exactly. Tarot Readers want to know about how to read the Tarot with knowledge, while at the same time using their other abilities.
Hello there, Tarot Readers. Lately, I have read on Facebook people’s posts and comments on being a Psychic. There seems to be a tad of confusion about what exactly is a Psychic. Therefore, I thought I would clear the air on that subject.
The average person refers to the ‘Psychic Phenomena’ as being Psychic. They are right that being a Psychic is within the realm of Psychic Phenomena. The field of Psychic Phenomena is a very vast field in which one can easily get lost. There are different kinds of Psychics, which explains the confusion in the minds of people.
Because of the confusion about what is a Psychic, many Psychics will go on to explain that they are ‘Clairvoyant’. The term ‘clairvoyance’ is actually an ‘umbrella term’ that covers all the different forms of telepathy in the field of Psychic Phenomena. The word ‘clairvoyance’ is a very loose way of describing the ‘different phases of psychic phenomena’.
Tarot Psychic Phenomena Demystified – Evergreen Readings gives the definition of the term ‘clairvoyance’. In the glossary of the Society for Physical Research, the term ‘clairvoyance’ is defined as follows: “the faculty or act of perceiving, as though visually, with some coincidental truth, some distant scene; it is used sometimes, but hardly properly, for transcendental vision, or the perception of beings regarded as being on another plane of existence”. “Clairvoyance is not mind reading, but rather a faculty’, to paraphrase Mrs. Henry Sidgwick who is a distinguished writer on psychic phenomena.
The Phenomena of Clairvoyance is divided into several well distinctive classes, or classifications. The principle forms of clairvoyant phenomena are:
(1) Simple Clairvoyance: The mere ‘sensing’ of other people’s Auric emanations. I.e. Auric vibrations, auric colors, etc.; currents of thoughts vibrations, etc. However, the simple Clairvoyant does not see events or scenes removed in space or time from the observer.
(2) Clairvoyance in Space: Is the sensing of scenes and events removed in space from the observer; and often is able to sense such things even when they are concealed or obscured by intervening material objects.
(3) Clairvoyance in Time: Is the sensing of scenes and events which have had their original place in the past time; or scenes and events which will have their original place in the future.
Methods by which Clairvoyance is usually induced:
(1) Psychometry: Is the method of getting “en rapport” with the Astral Plane One achieves this, with some physical object connected to the person, scene, or thing about which you want to be informed.
(2) Crystal Gazing, etc.: Is the method of getting “en rapport” with the Astral Plane, by means of gazing into a crystal, or magic mirror, etc.
(3) Clairvoyant Reverie: Is the method of getting “en rapport” with the Astral Plane, by means of Psychic States in which the sights, sounds, and thoughts of the material and Astral Plane are shutout of consciousness.
Tarot Psychic Phenomena Demystified – Evergreen Readings says that some people are not comfortable with going to a Tarot Reader. They are afraid that the Cards will show secrets from their past; or secrets they now hide; or an unfortunate future containing bad Karma. However, many others want to know what is going on around them on all planes. They seek a Tarot Reader such as myself who them what is going on in ‘the other world’.
Enquiring minds want to know what is going on in the higher planes. However, when doing so, they must first ‘understand’ what they see in the higher world. Another name for ‘The higher world’ is ‘the unseen world. Man cannot see into ‘the unseen world’ without clairvoyance (a higher vision). A person with an average intellect can develop his ‘higher vision’ (clairvoyance). However, this does not go to say that he necessarily understands what is going on there. To understand what he sees, he has to bring his ‘cognition’ into activity.
Tarot Psychic Phenomena Demystified – Evergreen Readings mentions ‘Cognition’. Cognition is the ‘mental process’ by which your brain can understand what the senses send to it. In other words, once you look into the higher world, your senses send info up to the brain. The brain has to be able to pay attention to the data received from the senses. By paying attention, the brain sifts-through the info received, and does an analysis of it all. Then the brain looks at that analysis from different perspectives and from different contexts. Once the brain is done with the processing of the info it got from the ‘third eye’, it must then reach a conclusion. Once the brain reaches a conclusion, it will decide what to do about it.
Not everyone is a clairvoyant. However, everyone with an average intellect has cognition. It is our own personal experience in this world, our memory, our ability to pay attention, our comprehension, and our sense of good judgement permits us to understand what we see in the higher world. In a nutshell, we must be able to describe, then to understand it, to judge it, and to become convinced of what we saw and learned in there.
N.B.: Taken and adapted from the book “Clairvoyance and Occult Powers”, by Swami Pancadasi